Volunteer of the Year Awards
The Town of Conception Bay South is seeking nominations for the Youth Volunteer of the Year and the Citizen of the Year Awards. The deadline to submit nominations has been extended to April 6, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Nominations can be submitted online. Paper copies are also available at the Town Hall – Recreation Department.
Youth Volunteer of the Year
The Youth Volunteer of the Year is designed to honour youth in Conception Bay South who, through their unpaid contributions, have helped make the Town of Conception Bay South a better place to live.
- Volunteering efforts can be in any sector of our society. Some examples include Scouts, Guides, recreation, the media, seniors, etc. (as long as it is for non-profit sports groups / organizations / schools).
- Nominations are open to individuals between the ages of 13 and 19 years of age.
- Nominees must be 13 years of age as of December 31, 2022 and no older than 19 years of age as of December 31, 2022.
- Nominees must have been a resident of Conception Bay South during the 2022 calendar year.
- Nominees can not have received remuneration for volunteering.
- Nominations must be made by any group, organization, or by any individual who is not a relative of the nominee.
- Only achievements in 2022 will be considered.
Citizen of the Year
This prestigious award is presented to a resident of Conception Bay South who demonstrates dedicated humanitarian services to their community. There has been an annual recipient of this distinction since it was initiated by the CBS Lions Club in 1971.
- Nominees must be a current resident of Conception Bay South.
- Nominees must be a minimum of 20 years of age as of January 1, 2023.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominee has provided volunteer service for a minimum of 3 years (not necessarily with the same volunteer organization or consecutive).
- Nominee has not received any remuneration for their volunteer activity for which the award is being proposed.
Selections are based on the nominee who best exemplifies the following criteria:
- Is the individual an inspirational role model for the Town of Conception Bay South?
- What is the scope of the impact the individual has contributed to the community?
- Has the individual exemplified above average volunteer dedication to the community?
Contact the Recreation and Leisure Services Department
T: 709-834-6500 ext. 611