Posted on: June 26, 2020 | Return to News
The Town of Conception Bay South remains committed to public safety and continues to take measures to support the Provincial Government’s public health advice for COVID-19. As the province has now entered Alert Level 2, the focus is to control transmission, while maintaining health system capacity throughout further re-opening of social and business activities.
“We welcome the opening of more facilities and amenities in our town, as we know residents have been anxiously awaiting today’s announcement. There are many public health requirements that must be met in order for us to open everything safely and we appreciate the public’s patience. Please continue to practice social distancing and proper hand washing protocols for everyone’s safety,” said Mayor Terry French.
• The Town Hall remains closed to the public; however, employees are working and can be accessed via telephone or e-mail. For a list of contact information, please visit the Town’s website. The public may call the Town’s after-hours line to report serious concerns or major problems at 834-6529.
Parks and Playgrounds
• Effective June 27, 2020, the playground and skatepark at the Sgt. Ned Nugent’s Park will open to the public, with regular cleaning and disinfecting in place.
• Effective June 30, 2020, playgrounds at the Richard Parsons Memorial Field and Topsail Beach Rotary Park will open to the public, with regular cleaning and disinfecting in place.
• The Town is working towards opening most other playgrounds by the end of next week.
• Users are advised to bring and use hand sanitizer and practice proper hand hygiene following the use of play facilities and equipment. It is suggested to wipe down and sanitize surfaces prior to use.
Outside Sports Facilities
• As announced previously, municipal outdoor sports fields in Conception Bay South are reopening on a case-by-case basis as ‘return to play’ documents for various sports organization are approved.
• Villanova Tennis Courts are open from 9:00 a.m. to dusk daily.
• The Stoney Hill Tennis Courts are open from 9:00 a.m. to dusk on weekends and 5:00 p.m. to dusk on weekdays.
• Effective July 3, 2020, Stoney Hill Tennis Court will open for full-time hours. Signage of these restrictions are provided at each of the Town courts.
• Effective July 3, 2020, the Villanova Beach Volley Ball Court will open to the public.
• The CBS Arena remains closed at this time, as the Summer Camp Day Program is taking place inside of this facility until the middle of August. A further announcement will be made at that time.
• The Robert French Memorial Stadium remains closed, as it is undergoing a retrofit to replace its siding and insulation.
• The CBS Recreation Complex remains closed. Further information on a potential reopening will be provided in the near future.
As with all COVID-19 related decisions, the Town continues to monitor the situation and accepts guidance from the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador on safety measures and decisions.
For future and past updates on COVID-19 in the Town of Conception Bay South, please visit www.conceptionbaysouth.ca/covid