Registration for Summer Day Camp will open for Conception Bay South residents on Thursday, May 23, 2019 at 6:30 pm through the Town’s online registration system. It will open for non-residents on Wednesday, May 29 at 6:30 pm. Below is a step-by-step instructional guide to navigating the Online Registration System for the Summer Day Camp Program. This includes screen shots of each page while going through the registration web pages.
This camp is for children who have completed grades K, 1 and 2, as of June 24, 2019. For details on all camp procedures and policies, please refer to the Camp Kaleidoscope Parent Handbook 2019.
This camp is for children who have completed grades 3, 4, 5, and 6, as of June 24, 2019. For details on all camp procedures and policies, please refer to the Camp Adventure Parent Handbook 2019.
Camps will run for 8 weeks, from July 2-August 23, 2019. Please take note that Week 1 is a short week due to the Canada Day holiday.
- Week 1 – Hectic Holidays – July 2 – July 5
- Costume Party
- Visit to Bowring Park
- Holiday themed activities (Easter, Valentines, etc.)
- Week 2 – Crazy Creatures – July 8 – July 12
- Touch Tank
- Petty Harbour Mini Aquarium
- NL Reptiles
- Week 3 – Adventureland – July 15 – July 19
- Salmonier Nature Park
- Bowring Park Swim
- Lester’s Farm
- Week 4 – Glowing Galaxy – July 22 – July 26
- Science Fair
- Johnson Geo Center
- Volcano Eruptions!
- Week 5 – Super Splash – July 29 – August 2
- Holy Cross Swim Park
- Water Camp Games
- Week 6 – Wild World of Sports – August 5 – August 9
- Mini Olympics
- Signal Hill and Bannerman Park
- Sports Day
- Week 7 – Awesome Artists – August 12 – August 16
- Tie Dye
- Swimming at Paul Reynolds
- Art Creation
- Week 8 – Camp Rock – August 19 – August 23
- Talent Show
- Carnival Day
- Visit from performing artists
*Please note that all activities and field trips are tentative and subject to change.
Cost is $125 per child per week and $100 for any additional children in the same household
- Please note that Week 1 will be at a reduced rate of $100 per child and $80 for any additional children in the same household to reflect the 4 day week.
Camp activities will run from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. daily.
- If needed, parents can use early drop-off and late pick-up times at no additional cost. No sign up is required; you may use this as you please. Earliest drop-off is 7:45 a.m. and latest pick up is 5:15 p.m.
For further details, please contact the Recreation and Leisure Services Department at 834-6500 ext. 601.