|The Town of Conception Bay South strives to provide an effective and efficient Winter Control Program for residents and the traveling public by:
- Condition Monitoring
- Snow Clearing
- Sidewalk Snow-Clearing
- Snow Removal
Did You Know?
- Priority for snow-clearing roads is determined by street classification and Town parking lots by usage; de-icing and snow clearing are also determined by local environmental conditions.
- Sidewalk clearing takes place once streets are clear, and is prioritized by school zones, Route 60, then remaining areas.
- Additional contractors are called in during major weather events.
- Equipment generally does not de-ice and plow simultaneously.
- Cul-de-sacs are salted or cleared in a counter clockwise direction with center snow piling.
- Snow removal is completed as conditions allow and generally in the evening and night.
- Route 60, Foxtrap Access Road, Peacekeepers Way, and the Manuels Bypass are maintained by the Department of Transportation and Works.
|By The Numbers…
- Approximately 35 full and part-time staff support the engagement of 18 pieces of snow-clearing equipment within a 24-hour period.
- 3 shifts are scheduled 24 hours a day, 5 days a week, with weekend on-call as needed.
- Municipal workers are responsible for clearing 237 km of public roads, 31 km of sidewalks, and 75,000 m2 of public/parking lots.
- Even with the full fleet in operation it takes approximately 8 hours to clear the entire Town.
Residents of the Town of Conception Bay South and other motorists are hereby informed regarding Snow Clearing Regulations which are effective immediately. The Regulations are required as part of the Town’s Snow Clearing Program and will be strictly enforced. Any motor vehicle parked contrary to the Town’s Traffic Regulations and Snow Clearing Regulations may be ticketed and/or towed by the Town or its representatives, at the owner’s risk and expense.
The cooperation of residents and vehicle owners/operators will enable the Town forces to carry out its Program in an effective and efficient manner to the benefit of all citizens.
For information call 834-6500 ext. 301 or email email@example.com