The Financial Services Department is responsible for managing the Town’s annual budget, accounts, and other financial information. The department collects municipal taxes and administers the purchasing, accounts payable, and payroll functions for the Town. The department is also responsible for the financial management of the Town, including: tax billings, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, budgeting, and financial management reporting.
If you would like to contact the department, please call 834-6500 ext. 201 or e-mail email@example.com.
Residents can pay their municipal tax bill:
- By using the drop box located outside the main entrance by cheque payable to Town of Conception Bay South (please do not deposit cash payments into this drop box)
- Internet Banking – to pay through internet banking you must login to your bank account, search payee, conception bay, and use the roll # from your invoice as the account number. You may omit the 1145 at the beginning, as the roll number is likely too long for the account number field.
- Credit Card – Pay with credit card. Payments are subject to a service fee of 2.5%, which is charged by Plastiq to the credit card user. Please note that credit card is not accepted at the Town Hall.
- eTransfer at firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person at the Town Hall by using debit, cash or cheque
Interest will be charged on all taxes outstanding after March 31 unless an arrangement has been made under the Equal Payment Plan. Interest is charged on all overdue accounts at a rate of 1.17% per month. Overdue accounts are also subject to water disconnection, legal action or a possible power of sale as provided in Sections 132-148 of the Municipalities Act.
Property assessments are undertaken by the Municipal Assessment Agency and appeals can be filed to the Agency by contacting them at 1-877-777-2807.
Notice on 2021 Assessments
The Municipal Assessment Agency has mailed out the 2021 assessment notices. The is the first year of annual property reassessment and property values are based on the market value as of January 2020.
As a precaution, due to concerns about the COVID-19 virus, all Municipal Assessment Agency offices are closed to the public until further notice. If you have questions about your assessment, please contact Municipal Assessment Agency staff by email at email@example.com If email is not an option, please call 1-877-777-2807 and leave a message and someone will return your call.
How is the value calculated?
- The value of your property has been calculate using your property’s physical characteristics and property sales. Your property value is established as of January 2020. Changes in the market since January are not reflected in you assessed value. Any impacts of COVID-19 are not reflected in this valuation. Any market changes due to the pandemic will be reflected in your assessment next year.
Appealing Your Assessment
- Please contact Municipal Assessment Agency staff to discuss your concerns. Most issues are resolved without a formal appeal. Your assessment notice provides the form and information needed to file a formal appeal. You can appeal by mail or online. Please visit the Municipal Assessment Agency website to file an online appeal; you will need a valid credit card. If appealing by mail, please include your cheque or money order. Deadline for Appeals is JULY 31, 2020.