The Financial Services Department is responsible for managing the Town’s annual budget, accounts, and other financial information. The department collects municipal taxes and administers the purchasing, accounts payable, and payroll functions for the Town. The department is also responsible for the financial management of the Town, including: tax billings, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, budgeting, and financial management reporting.
If you would like to contact the department, please call 834-6500 ext. 201.
Residents can pay their municipal tax bill:
- In person at the Town Hall by using debit, cash or cheque
- By using the drop box located outside the main entrance by cheque payable to Town of Conception Bay South
- Internet Banking – to pay through internet banking you must login to your bank account, search payee, conception bay, and use the roll # from your invoice as the account number. You may omit the 1145 at the beginning, as the roll number is likely too long for the account number field.
- Debit – to pay with Debit online.
- Credit Card – Pay with credit card. Payments are subject to a service fee of 2.5%, which is charged by Plastiq to the credit card user. Please note that credit card is not accepted at the Town Hall.
Interest will be charged on all taxes outstanding after February 28 unless an arrangement has been made under the Equal Payment Plan. Interest is charged on all overdue accounts at a rate of 1.17% per month. There is a deferral policy to assist those who qualify due to low income. To discuss this option please contact the Tax Consultant at 834-6500 ext. 201 for a confidential review. Overdue accounts are also subject to water disconnection, legal action or a possible power of sale as provided in Sections 132-148 of the Municipalities Act.
Property assessments are undertaken by the Municipal Assessment Agency and appeals can be filed to the Agency by contacting them at 1-877-777-2807.