The Town of Conception Bay South offers a bulk waste drop-off program and a bulk waste pick up appointment program. Further details on these programs can be found below.
Bulk Waste Drop-Off
This program is open to all Conception Bay South residents.
The Town would like to advise all residents that the drop-off location has been moved to the town’s storage yard located at 43 Gateway Drive in Kelligrews. The Town will commence the 2019 Bulk Waste Drop-off Program on the following Saturdays:
- May 4
- May 11
- May 25
- July 6
- July 27
- October 5
- October 26
The bins will open at 8:30 a.m. on each scheduled day and will be removed when full. Waste will NOT be accepted after the bins have been filled. In order to ensure the success of this service, residents are asked to cooperate and abide by the following conditions:
- All waste must be bulk household waste (i.e. chesterfields, carpet, etc.) that is not picked up by the regular household waste or recycling collection services.
- Any mess made by residents during off-loading must be cleaned up.
- This service is for residents only and businesses will not be permitted to use the service.
- Materials from contractors or construction and demolition projects will not be accepted.
- Electronics will not be accepted. All electronics can be dropped-off to an Electronic Products Recycling Association drop-off centre for responsible recycling, free of charge. For more information, you may contact the Association by calling at 1 (888) 567-4535.
- Tires, propane tanks or hazardous waste will not be accepted. All hazardous waste must be taken to the Robin Hood Bay Waste Management Facility. You may contact the facility at (709) 576-8184 or you may contact MMSB at (709) 753-0948.
Bulk Waste Pick-Up by Appointment
Appointments for curbside pick-up of bulk waste items can be made by residents by emailing email@example.com or by calling 834-6500 ext. 301 between 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. As per Budget 2019, there will be no charge for senior citizens over 65. All other residents are required to pay a fee of $25.00 (HST included) per load in advance of the pick-up date.
Bulk waste shall be placed at the curb no earlier than 48 hours prior to the scheduled pick-up appointment date.
- Glass (securely packaged and identified)
- Box springs
- Tree limbs tied in bundles (4’ long; max. weight 50 lbs)
- Carpet tied in rolls (max. 6’ long; max. weight 50 lbs)
- Bathroom fixtures
- Small metal items (bicycles, barbecues, etc.)
- Other bulk items normally associated with a residential household
What’s not Collected
- Car wrecks, parts, frames, engines
- Debris from building renovations or demolitions
- Asphalt shingles
- Earthen material, rocks, bricks, concrete, soil, etc.
- Propane tanks
- Items that weigh more than 300 lbs
- Construction material
- Discarded vehicle oil and partially filled paint cans
- Tree limbs, unless cut and bundled (max. weight 50 lbs; max. 4’ long)
- Hazardous material (ammonia, acids, pharmaceutical products, paints, oils, pesticides, etc.)
The Town reserves the right to refuse to pick up any item which may not be listed above and its decision shall be final.
Contact Engineering and Public Works Department
Call: 834-6500 ext.301/351