As a senior living in Conception Bay South, you may be entitled to a Seniors Property Tax Deduction or a Low Income Tax Deduction. To apply for these programs, you can complete the forms below and submit to the Department of Finance at the Town Hall, or email completed forms to email@example.com. Paper forms are also available at the Town of Conception Bay South Town Hall.
A Seniors Discount, as outlined in the annual Schedule of Rates and Fees, is available to senior citizens who meet the following criteria:
- All prior year’s taxes must be paid to qualify;
- The individual is 65 years or older in the current year (January 1 to December 31);
- The individual is the registered owner and occupies the property as their principal place of residence year round;
- All taxes are paid on or before the due date or arrangements have been made under the Equal Payment Program.
- Residents who meet these criteria must request the Seniors Discount.
- At the initial request, residents who meet these criteria must present proof of age. Proof of age will not be required after the initial request.
- If any information changes regarding the resident’s primary residence, the resident must inform the Town.
- Retroactive discounts will not be considered.
- This discount cannot be combined with the Senior Citizen’s Property Tax Reduction or the Low Income Reduction.
Garbage & Recycling
The Town of Conception Bay South strives to provide effective and efficient waste collection programs for residents, while keeping workers safe.
The Town also offers bulk waste services to its residents, including both a pick-up and drop-off service. This service is free for seniors over 65. Learn more.