In response to the recent fire at the Community Food Sharing Association warehouse, residents are encouraged to help re-stock the food bank by donating non-perishable food items when attending a community event in February.
All municipal events are listed online:
- Snow & Ice in Paradise, Feb. 1 to 10
- Frosty Festival in Mount Pearl, Feb. 6 to 17
- Winter Carnival in Portugal Cove-St. Philips, Feb. 8 to 17
- Community Events in Torbay, Feb. 9 to 16
- ChillFest in St. John’s, Feb. 14 to 18
- Winterfest in Conception Bay South, Feb. 15 to 25
The Community Food Sharing Association stocks food banks throughout the province, commonly needed items include:
Macaroni and Cheese
Canned Soup and Stew
Dried Pasta, Noodles & Rice
Canned Meat and Fish
Beans and Legumes
Canned Vegetables and Fruit
Participate in the regional food drive and show your support on social media using #nlfooddrive.
Donations to the Community Food Sharing Association can also be made online.