Recreation Complex Update During COVID-19
The Town of Conception Bay South is happy to announce that the Recreation Complex reopened on Friday, September 25 for squash programming and Monday, September 28 for aquatics (public swims, lessons and swim clubs).
View the new Pool Schedule.
View Swimming Lessons Information.
Residents should book their swim times or squash rentals in advance. You can book slots a maximum of 2 days in advance. Example: You call on Sunday, you can book for Monday and/or Tuesday. You can book for up to 2 people or for a family. Due to limited space, anyone that does not show up for a booking on more than two occasions may be prevented from future bookings. Please keep in mind your booking is only confirmed when you receive confirmation from a Recreation Complex staff member. To book, please call the Recreation Complex at 834-6500 ext. 602.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the Town has implemented new measures and procedures to ensure the safety of all patrons and staff. There will now be a maximum capacity of 18 swimmers in the pool at one time.
- All swimmers are required to follow Public Health guidelines related to COVID-19.
- If you do not feel well, please stay home for everyone’s safety.
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your booking. Start and end times will be strictly adhered to.
- Please note that showers are not available in the changerooms; however, all swimmers must shower at the pool deck before entering the water.
- Swimmers are required to keep swimwear on while showering and are requested to shower at home following their swim.
- We encourage all swimmers to be dressed for their swim before arrival.
- Swimmers will need to leave the changeroom within ten minutes after their swim in order for adequate disinfection/cleaning times for the following swim.
- The hot tub will open during swims with a maximum of two patrons at a time. The sauna is not available at this time.
- Swim equipment is not available for use (you may bring your own lifejacket, flutter board, etc.)
- Children less than 12 years old must be accompanied by a parent in the water.
- The water fountain is available; however, you must bring a refillable water bottle for usage.
- The pool observation deck is not open.
- Masks are a public health requirement for entering the building and must be worn until you enter the pool or squash courts. Once you exit the pool and courts, masks will be required.
- All swimmers must properly physical distance from each other and from staff.
- Swimmers are requested to pay via Visa or Debit.
Squash Court Guidelines:
- Bookings are only available during regular operating hours.
- Only two players permitted per court per session (no exceptions).
- There will be a cleaning gap between all court rental times.
- The water fountain is available; however, you must bring along a refillable water bottle for usage.
- Players will only have access to the courts and the public washrooms adjacent to the courts.
- Players must call in advance to book a court at 834-6500 ext. 602.
- Learn more about the squash program.
We appreciate the patience and cooperation of our residents while we have taken the time to ensure important measures are in place for a safe and clean experience at the Recreation Complex.
Please continue to visit www.conceptionbaysouth.ca/covid to stay up-to-date on Town services.