The Town of Conception Bay South is seeking nominations for the 2018 Volunteer Awards. The deadline to submit nominations will be Tuesday, April 2, 2019 at 4:00 pm.
Nominations can be submitted online. Paper copies are available at the Town Hall and can be returned by e-mailing email@example.com.
View the printable nomination package.
2018 YOUTH VOLUNTEER OF THE YEAR
The Youth Volunteer of the Year is designed to honour youth in Conception Bay South who, through their unpaid contributions, have helped make the Town of Conception Bay South a better place to live.
- Volunteering efforts can be in any sector of our society. Some examples include Scouts, Guides, recreation, the media, seniors, etc. (as long as it is for non-profit sports groups / organizations / schools).
- Nominations are open to individuals between the ages of 13 and 19 years of age.
- Nominees must be 13 years of age as of December 31, 2018 and no older than 19 years of age as of December 31, 2018.
- Nominees must have been a resident of Conception Bay South during the 2018 calendar year.
- Nominees can not have received remuneration for volunteering.
- Nominations must be made by any group, organization, or by any individual who is not a relative of the nominee.
- Only achievements in 2018 will be considered.
2018 CITIZEN OF THE YEAR presented by the CBS Lions Club
This prestigious award is presented to a resident of Conception Bay South who demonstrates dedicated humanitarian services to their community. There has been an annual recipient of this distinction since it was initiated by the CBS Lions Club in 1971.
- Nominees must be a current resident of Conception Bay South.
- Nominees must be a minimum of 20 years of age as of January 1, 2019.
- Self-nominations will NOT be accepted.
- Nominee has provided volunteer service for a minimum of 3 years (not necessarily with the same volunteer organization or consecutive).
- Nominee has not received any remuneration for their volunteer activity for which the award is being proposed.
Selections are based on the nominee who best exemplifies the following criteria:
- Is the individual an inspirational role model for the Town of Conception Bay South?
- What is the scope of the impact the individual has contributed to the community?
- Has the individual exemplified above average volunteer dedication to the community?
Please note: The winners of the 2018 awards will be announced during a social in April 2019, in conjunction with National Volunteer Week. Details on the event will be distributed by invitation.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss the nomination procedures, please feel free to contact Carla at 834-6500 ext. 611.