Water Conservation Policy
The Town of Conception Bay South advises residents that the Water Conservation Policy is in effect from May 1 to October 1.
In order to avoid a shortage of water, the Town of Conception Bay South makes the following restrictions on the use of Town supplied water, which applies to residential, commercial, industrial and institutional uses of water.
- Lawn and garden watering is restricted to the hours between 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. two days a week in accordance with the following schedule:
Even street civic numbers between 6 a.m. and 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. on Wednesdays and Saturdays
Odd street civic numbers between 6 a.m. and 8 a.m. Wednesdays and Sundays and between 8 p.m. and 10 p.m.
Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Hand watering of trees, shrubs, flowers and vegetable gardens with a water can or hose with an automatic shut off nozzle is permitted at anytime.
- With prior notification to the Town, new lawns and landscaping can be watered between 6:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. (except Sunday evenings) for a period of sixty (60) days following installation and planting.
- Car washing, including car wash fundraisers, siding and window washing are permitted at any time with the use of a hose with an automatic shut off nozzle.
- Commercial car washes and commercial high-pressure water uses are exempt from this Policy.
To view the Town Water Conservation Policy, click here.