Request for Expressions of Interest - LPHA Board of Directors (Recreational Representative)
The Town of Conception Bay South is seeking a qualified individual to serve as the Recreational Representative on the Board of Directors of the Long Pond Harbour Authority.
The preferred candidate would have experience and demonstrated capacity in such disciplines as transportation, industry, marine navigation, business, commerce, finance, administration, government, engineering, the organization of workers, tourism, logistics and distribution, the cargo industry and who have the business acumen and experience to assist in the management and affairs of the Corporation as an ongoing, viable commercial enterprise. Information on the Long Pond Harbour Authority can be found on their website.
Eligible candidates shall be at least nineteen (19) years of age, and shall not be:
- a corporation, firm or other entity;
- a person who has the legal status of a bankrupt or is insolvent;
- a person who is found by a court to be a mentally incompetent person or of unsound mind;
- a person holding federal, provincial or municipal office;
- a person who is or has been convicted of an indictable offence punishable by imprisonment for five (5) or more years or an offence under section 123 of the Criminal Code (Canada); or
- a person employed by or providing services under contract to the Corporation.
This appointment by Council will be for a two-year term from the date of appointment.
Candidates are required to submit their resumes, accompanied by a cover letter expressing their interest in the volunteer position, by 12:00 pm on Thursday, November 23, 2017. Candidates may be required to discuss their qualifications in an interview format prior to recommendation. It is anticipated that the appointment will be made by Council at its regular meeting on December 5, 2017.
Additional information regarding the position of Recreational Representative of the Board is available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 709-834-6500 ext. 702.