May 12, 2018
The Town will commence the 2018 Bulk Waste Drop-off Program open to ALL residents in the parking lot behind the Conception Bay South Recreation Complex, Long Pond.
The bins will be open starting at 8:30 a.m. on each scheduled day and will be removed when full. Waste will NOT be accepted after the bins have all been filled. In order to ensure the success of this service, residents are asked to co-operate and abide by the following conditions:
- All waste must be bulk household waste (i.e. chesterfields, carpet, etc.) that is not picked up by the regular household waste or recycling collection services.
- Any mess made by residents during off-loading must be cleaned up.
- This service is for residents only and businesses will not be permitted to use the service.
- Materials from contractors or construction and demolition projects will not be accepted.
- Electronics will not be accepted. All electronics can be drop-off at an EPRA Drop-off Centre for responsible recycling FREE OF CHARGE. For more information, you may contact them at 1 (888) 567-4535 or visit http://recyclemyelectronics.ca/nl/.
- Tires, propane tanks or hazardous waste will NOT be accepted. All hazardous waste must be taken to the Robin Hood Bay Waste Management Facility. You may contact them at 576-8184 for further information on dates and times or contact MMSB at 753-0948.
Need further information? Contact the Engineering and Public Works Department by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 834-6500 ext. 301/351 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.