A few things to remember:
- Milk cartons are recyclable containers. Be sure to put them in your blue bag for containers and not in with paper products.
- Disposable baking trays and pie pans are recyclable aluminium containers. The metal ones you have used for years are not recyclable at the curb.
- Paper flyers, catalogues and ‘junk’ mail are recyclable papers. The plastic bags they may come in are not recyclable at the curb.
- Glass is not accepted in household recycling collection.
We ask that you:
- Sort your recyclables into two types— paper products and containers.
- Make sure everything’s clean. Rinse food containers so there’s no food left inside. It’s especially important to rinse milk cartons, as milk will go sour quickly.
- Remove the lids and caps from your containers, and remove wrap or plastic from boxes and paper.
What Goes In
What Stays Out