The Town of Conception Bay South offers a bulk waste drop-off program and a bulk waste pick up appointment program. Further details on these programs can be found below.
Bulk Waste Drop-Off Program
This program is open to all Conception Bay South residents. The drop-off location is in parking lot behind the Conception Bay South Recreation Complex, located at Lions Stoney Hill Park on Rideouts Road in Long Pond. The Town will commence the 2018 Bulk Waste Drop-off Program on the following Saturdays:
- May 05
- May 12
- May 26
- July 14
- July 28
- October 13
- October 27
The bins will open at 8:30 a.m. on each scheduled day and will be removed when full. Waste will NOT be accepted after the bins have been filled. In order to ensure the success of this service, residents are asked to cooperate and abide by the following conditions:
- All waste must be bulk household waste (i.e. chesterfields, carpet, etc.) that is not picked up by the regular household waste or recycling collection services.
- Any mess made by residents during off-loading must be cleaned up.
- This service is for residents only and businesses will not be permitted to use the service.
- Materials from contractors or construction and demolition projects will not be accepted.
- Electronics will not be accepted. All electronics can be dropped-off to an Electronic Products Recycling Association drop-off centre for responsible recycling, free of charge. For more information, you may contact the Association by calling at 1 (888) 567-4535.
- Tires, propane tanks or hazardous waste will not be accepted. All hazardous waste must be taken to the Robin Hood Bay Waste Management Facility. You may contact them at 576-8184 for further information on dates and times or contact MMSB at 753-0948.
Bulk Waste Pick-Up Appointment Program
Appointments for curbside pick-up of bulk waste items can be made by residents by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 834-6500 ext. 301 between 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. As per Budget 2018, there will be no charge for senior citizens over 65. All other residents are required to pay a fee of $25.00 (HST included) per load in advance of the pick-up date.
Bulk waste scheduled to be picked up at residences by appointment shall be placed at the curb by the resident no earlier than 48 hours prior to the scheduled pick-up date.
|What’s collected?||What’s not collected?|
*The Town reserves the right to refuse to pick up any item which may not be listed above and its decision shall be final.
Need further information?
Contact the Engineering and Public Works Department by emailing email@example.com or by calling 834-6500 ext. 301/351 between 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday.