I need to obtain a burn permit. Where do I go for information?

You can visit either Station 1 in Kelligrews or Station 2 in Topsail for a burn permit. When the permit is issued, you will receive a copy of the Town Burning Regulations and a copy of the Provincial Prohibited Items burn list. There is no charge for a burn permit.

Residents can view Open Air Fire Regulations Here.

The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador also requires that you to obtain a provincial burn permit from May 1 to September 30. This permit is available from the Provincial Forestry and Agrifoods Agency located at Paddy’s Pond. Information on the provincial permit can be found at http://www.faa.gov.nl.ca/forestry/permits/license.html#burn