2018 Citizen of the Year presented by The CBS Lions Club
The Town of Conception Bay South is seeking nominations for the 2018 Volunteer Awards. The deadline to submit nominations will be Tuesday, April 2, 2019 at 4:00 pm.
Nominations can be submitted online. Paper copies are available at the Town Hall and can be returned by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the printable nomination package.
This prestigious award is presented to a resident of Conception Bay South who demonstrates dedicated humanitarian services to their community. There has been an annual recipient of this distinction since it was initiated by the CBS Lions Club in 1971.
- Nominees must be a current resident of Conception Bay South.
- Nominees must be a minimum of 20 years of age as of January 1, 2019.
- Self-nominations will NOT be accepted.
- Nominee has provided volunteer service for a minimum of 3 years (not necessarily with the same volunteer organization or consecutive).
- Nominee has not received any remuneration for their volunteer activity for which the award is being proposed.
Selections are based on the nominee who best exemplifies the following criteria:
- Is the individual an inspirational role model for the Town of Conception Bay South?
- What is the scope of the impact the individual has contributed to the community?
- Has the individual exemplified above average volunteer dedication to the community?
Please note that the winners of the 2018 awards will be announced during a social in April 2019, in conjunction with National Volunteer Week. Details on the event will be distributed by invitation.
If you have any questions, please call the Recreation and Leisure Services Department at 834-6500 ext. 611.
Miracle Gro Garden Contest
Nominate a beautiful garden in Conception Bay South. You can nominate your own garden or someone else’s garden. Simply take a few photos and send them along by email, after completing the information below.
A judging committee will visit the gardens entered in the contest during the month of August. The Committee will select four residential winners and one business winner. Presentation of awards will take place during a public council meeting in the fall.
Deadline for nominations is July 31, 2019.
Photos must be submitted prior to the contest deadline.
Drop Off: Attn: Economic Development, Conception Bay South Town Hall