Hoppy Easter Week!
The Town of Conception Bay South has planned an activity for each day, from April 5th until April 9th for kids to enjoy from home, during Easter Break. Complete a craft, game, recipe, or an activity each day to celebrate Easter!
Activity of the Day: Cooking
Easter Bunny Pancakes
Have fun making Easter Bunny Pancakes! Follow the recipe below, or utilize a pancake mix to make some pancakes shaped as Bunnies. Decorate them however you like, and enjoy!
The recipe requires a hot pan and stove – make sure to ask an adult for help!
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Toppings: Banana, whipped cream, chocolate chips
How to Make Easter Bunny Pancakes:
- We need to use a hot pan! Be sure to ask an adult for help.
- Get an adult to preheat a pan over medium-high heat. Help them whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine egg, milk and melted butter; stir into dry ingredients until moistened.
- To make each bunny, make a pancake (4 inches) for the body. Make a pancake (2.5 inches) for the head. Make two small oval-shaped pancakes for the feet and two small triangular pancakes for the ears. Spoon batter onto pan or griddle – cook until bubbles form on top of the pancakes. Flip and cook until golden brown.
- Form your bunny pancake on your plate and decorate! (Ideas: Place a banana slice on each bunny foot, and arrange chocolate chips for toes. Dollop whipped cream on body just above the feet for the tail.)
- Serve and enjoy!