Town of Conception Bay South Closes Town Hall, Focuses on Provision of Essential Services
The Town of Conception Bay South has closed facilities, including the Town Hall, to focus on the provision of essential services only. This move is taken to support the efforts of the federal and provincial governments to control the spread of COVID-19.
- Essential services include garbage collection following the existing schedule and necessary maintenance of town infrastructure.
- Recycling has been suspended.
- Humane Services remains operational as necessary, but only to meet the needs of any animals in the shelter.
While the Town Hall is closed, many employees are working from home. For a list of contact information, please click here.
The public may still call the Town’s after-hours line to report serious concerns or major problems at 834-6529.
Update on Services
- Please be advised that the regular scheduled public meeting of Council on Tuesday, April 7 will proceed as a virtual meeting. Residents will be able to watch the meeting at approximately 7:00 p.m. through a link that will be shared on social media and the Town’s website at www.conceptionbaysouth.ca.
Parks & Playgrounds
- The Town of Conception Bay South remains committed to public safety and continues to take measures to slow the transmission of COVID-19. At this time, all playgrounds in the Town of Conception Bay South are closed for public use, as well as the Sgt. Ned Nugent’s Dog Park.
- Topsail Beach is closed for public use.
- Deferred Payments
- For any resident/business who has signed up for our Equal Payment Plan, the town will defer payments upon request, without penalty.
- Upon request, payments will restart in July, and will be updated to reflect paying your balance by December 31. To request this deferral, please email email@example.com.
- The Town will not be charging interest on any accounts until June.
- We continue to provide financial services but at a slowed pace. Staff are working from home and are responding to e-mails and phone messages left at our after-hours phone line: 834-6529.
- For tax purposes, payments are accepted via online banking, cheque, and visa through plastiq.
For services such as building permits, tax certificates, and compliance letters, we accept visa for payment. This can be done over the phone.
- Any requests for changes to existing pre-authorized payments should be made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications for Seniors Tax Reduction or Low Income Reduction should be made via regular mail, email to email@example.com or can be left at the drop box outside the Town Hall.
- Tax information requests and tax certificates will continue as per usual.
- Vendor invoices should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and are being processed as received. To inquire about any other payments, please email email@example.com.
- For any inquiries for services not listed above, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Garbage & Recycling
- Garbage collection continues as per usual. Carts must be placed to the curb by 7:30 a.m. Carts should be removed from the curb as soon as possible after collection, and no later than 7:00 p.m.
- To ensure the safety of residents and employees, the Town has postponed the start of the Bulk Waste Collection Programs, which include the drop-off program and appointment program.
- Recycling collection remains suspended at this time.
- Sign up to our resident alert system to receive time-sensitive information, such as when the recycling program has been reinstated, directly to your phone by text or phone call. Visit Resident Alert.
- Economic Development Staff are part of a unified task force in partnership with the Conception Bay Area Chamber of Commerce to assist businesses with filtering through federal, provincial and municipal support programs. Businesses can access information which is continually being compiled as it becomes available at cbachamber.com/business-resources-covid-19/ or email staff directly at email@example.com.
Planning & Development
- The Town continues to book inspections. Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the address, type of inspection that you need, and a telephone number for someone who is responsible for the site. Town staff will contact you and review safety precautions that must be met and schedule a time for the inspection.
- Help us keep our first responders and their families safe. If you are calling 911 for any reason and a member of your household is experiencing a fever and/or an acute respiratory illness, please provide answers to the following questions to the 911 Dispatcher:
- Have you travelled outside of the Canada or attended a mass gathering event with international attendees within Canada in the 14 days before onset of illness?
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed/probable case of COVID-19?
- Have you had close contact with a person with acute respiratory illness who has travelled outside of the Canada or attended a mass gathering event with international attendees within 14 days prior to their illness onset?
- The Conception Bay South Fire Department has ceased all public relation events such as station tours and group presentations. The department has received a significant number of requests for drive-by celebrations for birthday parties. Unfortunately at this time we are unable to support such initiatives. Read full notice.
- Winter Set 2 swimming lessons, from March 9 – May 9, 2020, have been postponed. Set 2 will recommence when the pool reopens. If this does not work operationally, due to the length of the closure and time of year, a refund will be applied back to the credit card used for payment.
- Refunds have been processed for any March birthday party bookings. Moving forward, we will determine if bookings for subsequent months will be available or if a refund or rescheduling will apply. Staff will in be contact with those who have the facility book accordingly.
- For anyone that has purchased a monthly swim pass, these passes will be extended accordingly upon the reopening of the facility. All regular one-time use swim passes do not expire.
- The deadline for summer job applications has been extended and we continue to accept applications at this time.
More detailed information will be provided on Town services as it becomes available. Please continue to check back here for future updates.