The Town will be operating a limited Summer Day Camp Program. Registration will be open to Conception Bay South residents only on Thursday, June 18 at 6:00 p.m.
- Virtual programming is ongoing. Check out what’s happening here.
- Winter Set 2 swimming lessons, from March 9 – May 9, 2020, have been postponed. Set 2 will recommence when the pool reopens. If this does not work operationally, due to the length of the closure and time of year, a refund will be applied back to the credit card used for payment.
- Refunds have been processed for any March birthday party bookings. Moving forward, we will determine if bookings for subsequent months will be available or if a refund or rescheduling will apply. Staff will in be contact with those who have the facility book accordingly.
- For anyone that has purchased a monthly swim pass, these passes will be extended accordingly upon the reopening of the facility. All regular one-time use swim passes do not expire.
- Major summer events are cancelled. Read more.
Parks and Playgrounds
Effective Friday, July 3, 2020, at 4:00 p.m., all remaining, Town-owned playgrounds will open for public use. This does not include playgrounds at schools. Please be advised that these playgrounds will not be sanitized and it is recommended that parents / guardians bring their own hand sanitizer.
- Topsail Beach Rotary Park and Worsley Park remain open. Please read the park rules listed below for full details.
- Town walking trails remain open; however, the public is reminded that the west end of the T’Railway is closed, from Delaneys Road to Indian Pond Place, as the January blizzard left the area extensively damaged and unsafe.
- Community gardens are permitted to operate with restrictions.
- The Dog Park at Sgt. Ned Nugent’s Park will reopen on Tuesday, June 16.
- Tennis courts are now opened.
- All other outdoor sports facilities remain closed at this time, which includes the Skatepark at Sgt. Ned Nugent’s Park.
- All public playgrounds remain closed.
- Playgrounds rules – poster.
- As long as physical distancing is maintained and you are not required to self-isolate, patrons can now avail of passive open spaces within parks for activities that are not prohibited.
- Picnic tables may now be used.
- Washroom and playground facilities at the parks remain closed.
- The public is reminded that outdoor gatherings of up to 20 people are permitted as long as physical distancing can be maintained.
Notice for Tennis Court Use
Villanova Tennis Courts are open as of Thursday, May 28 at 9:00 a.m. to dusk daily.
Stoney Hill Tennis Courts are open as of Saturday, May 30 at 9:00 a.m. to dusk on weekend and 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on weekdays.
Due to Covid-19, the Department of Health and Community Services has provided restrictions that are to be followed when using the Town tennis courts during their opening times. Signage of these restrictions are provided at each of our courts and include:
The public can play tennis within their double bubble or with low risk individuals that do not exhibit symptoms of Covid-19;
Anyone playing tennis is to bring their own racket, tennis balls and hand sanitizer. This is not to be shared with other players and the tennis balls need to be clearly marked so that they are not picked up by other players;
Social distancing is to be maintained at all times between all players and it is recommended that singles only is played. Doubles matches are only permitted with players that are within you own double bubble;
Sanitize your hands and clean your equipment after finishing your tennis match; and
You are only permitted to enter the tennis court if there is a court free. If the courts are occupied, you are to wait outside the fencing, keeping at least 2 metres away from the entrance, until the people inside the court have left the area.