COVID-19 Municipal Update
The Town of Conception Bay South remains committed to public safety, and continues to take measures to support the Provincial Government’s public health advice for COVID-19. As the province has now entered Alert Level 2, we appreciate the patience and cooperation of our residents as we prepare to safely re-open facilities.
- The Town Hall will re-open to the public on Tuesday, March 30, 2021 during regular business hours, from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. The building will not be open Monday, March 29, due to a planned power outage for the facility to prepare for construction of the new library.
- When visiting the Town Hall, after a screening process, residents may be placed in a waiting area. This is to ensure only a limited number of occupants are in the building at a time, so proper social distancing requirements can be maintained. We thank residents in advance for their patience with waiting for town services.
- Visitors are asked to wear a mask when entering the building. Masks will be available to the public, if necessary. Hand sanitizer will also be available and residents are encouraged to use it upon entering and exiting the building.
- Residents may still contact the Town of Conception Bay South at 834-6500 or email@example.com, as all correspondence is directed to the appropriate staff for response. Outside of regular business hours, the public should call the Town’s after-hours line to report serious concerns or major problems at 834-6529. The Town continues to facilitate meetings over virtual platforms, phone calls and other means to conduct regular business and provide information to residents.
- The Recreation Complex will re-open for non-aquatics related programming on Saturday, March 27, 2021, during normal operating hours.
- Aquatics Programming, including Swim and Synchro clubs, Lane Swimming, Shallow Water Fitness and Swimming Lessons will resume effective Tuesday, March 30, 2021. Bookings for swims will be taken starting on Sunday, March 28, 2021 during regular operating hours.
- Bookings for swims and squash can be made up to two days in advance by calling 834-6500, extension 602.
- Swimming lessons for Winter Set 1 will resume on Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at normal operating times. All parents / guardians will be contacted over the weekend to confirm class times and dates, to conclude the final two weeks of classes. The date for the next Online Registration for lessons will be advertised in the near future.
Conception Bay South Arena
- The Conception Bay South Arena will open to Minor Hockey and Figure Skating groups on Sunday, March 28, 2021 at 8:30 a.m.
- The Walking Track will open to the public on Monday, March 29, 2021, from 8:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. Please note that a non-medical mask must be worn while using the Walking Track.
- Information on public skating sessions can be found on the Conception Bay South Arena’s Skating Schedule page.
Robert French Memorial Stadium
- The Robert French Memorial Stadium will open on Saturday, April 3, 2021.
Parks and Playgrounds
- All parks, including sports fields, the dog park, skate park, and playgrounds are open to the public.
- Users are advised to bring and use hand sanitizer and practice proper hand hygiene following the use of play facilities and equipment. It is suggested to wipe down and sanitize surfaces prior to use.
As with all COVID-19 related decisions, the Town continues to monitor the situation and accepts guidance from the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador on safety measures and decisions.