Regular Waste & Recycling Collection – Victoria Day
The Town of Conception Bay South wishes to advise all residents that there will be no change in the scheduled regular waste and recycling collection for the week of May 18 – 22, 2015.
Please refer to the Town’s Waste Collection Guidelines for all upcoming scheduled changes due to holidays.
We’re getting greener!
The Town is pleased to offer its Curbside Recycling Program to residents.
See below for information about your curbside recycling schedule, what you can and cannot recycle, recycling reminders, helpful tips on how to stay green and much more! Should you have any questions please email or call 834-6501/6524. Follow us on Twitter @TownofCBS and Facebook for updates on any changes to your waste collection.
What’s my area?
Are you a new resident and unsure of your regular waste collection schedule? Click here
|My regular waste is collected on Tuesdays||Area 1A & 1B Calendar|
|My regular waste is collected on Wednesdays||Area 2A & 2B Calendar|
|My regular waste is collected on Thursdays||Area 3A & 3B Calendar|
|My regular waste is collected on Fridays||Area 4A & 4B Calendar|
What you can and cannot recycle
|WHAT GOES IN|
|PAPER products, such as:||CONTAINERS—aluminum, tin, plastic, gable top, tetra pack, such as:|
|Newspapers & Printer Paper
Magazines & Catalogues
Books (remove hardcovers)
Envelopes (remove plastic)
Paper Towel/Toilet Paper Rolls
Pizza Boxes (take-out/frozen)
Food Boxes: cereal, crackers, frozen foods, etc.
Notepads & Exercise Books
|Milk & Juice Cartons
Plastic Water & Pop Bottles
Plastic Liquor Bottles
Pop & Beer Cans
Margarine, Ice Cream & Yogurt Containers
Plastic Ketchup, Mustard, & Relish Bottles
Cat & Dog Food Cans
Pie Plates & Baking Trays
Plastic Fruit, Vegetable & Sandwich Trays
Plastic Cleaning Supply Bottles
Shampoo, Soap, & Detergent Bottles
|WHAT STAYS OUT|
|Some items may appear to be recyclable, but are not. The list includes:|
Used Propane Containers
Aerosol & Paint Cans
Motor Oil Containers
Disposable Coffee/Drink Cups
Plastic Baskets & Storage Containers
- Regular waste collection will continue to be collected each week.
- Paper and containers must be separated and placed in clear blue bags.
- Recycling must be placed roadside every other week, on the scheduled day, not earlier than 6:00 am, not later than 7:00 am.
- Each bag must weigh less than 40 pounds.
- Rinse your food containers before recycling them.
- Containers must be free of liquids.
- Nothing sharp or dangerous should protrude from the bags.
- Do not place bags of recycling on snow banks, as it can be difficult for collectors to reach.
Helpful tips on how to stay green
- Post your recycling calendar on your fridge, or some other place for easy reference.
- Ensure your recycling containers/bags are as easy to access.
- Recycling bags do not have to be covered, but may need to be on windy days.
- Who wants a pile of shopping bags? As soon as you get the groceries put away in your cupboard, take your reusable shopping bags directly back out to your car. Then you know you won’t forget them next time you shop!
- Composting is a great way to reduce waste and the resulting compost will enrich soil for your gardens and flower beds. Visit http://www.mmsb.nl.ca for more information.
- Where Conception Bay South programs are not available, taking waste to Robin Hood Bay is a vital part of keeping Conception Bay South clean and green.
- Reducing our waste is important. Reduce, reuse and recycle!
Watch our Recycling video to learn more about how to recycle.
Please be advised that regular waste & curbside recycling collection dates may change for statutory holidays. To ensure that your waste is collected check the Town’s website for updates on new collection dates.